*Pretty sure this is the letter my kids would send me if they could verbalize their feelings:
Dear Mom,
I just want you to know I love you. I want to know you love me too. I mean, I know you love me and all, but I mean even when I do things wrong. Especially, when I do things wrong. I don't expect you to be the perfect mom, and I hope you aren't expecting me to be a perfect kid. I'm learning, overcoming, surviving, confronting, battling, trying, just like you are every day. I don't quite have all the answers figured out, just like you. I'm moldable. Be gentle. Sometimes I just need to be next to you, even when I know you are busy and don't have time, or want to be left alone. It comforts me. It makes me feel safe, and loved. Your acceptance helps me accept myself. It hurts my feelings and makes me feel yucky inside when you speak negatively about me. I want to try harder to please you, when you not only notice the good things, but tell others how awesome I am. Find ways for me to "overhear" you speaking highly of me. Pray with me and for me. When I hear you speaking to Heavenly Father about me, it makes me feel so special. You are going to simply blink, and I will be out on my own. Don't waste a minute, Mom, on things that don't matter. We can't ever get those moments back. I love you Mom.
-your kiddos
15 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment