So this is one of around 927 pictures I snapped the morning of 5th grade graduation. My Sweet Pea is off to middle school. That is not, however, the reason I marched this sweetie pie (decked out in her graduation dress from Grandma Stream) onto our back patio at sunrise and commenced a photo shoot until the very last second before we had to leave for graduation.
Can we please look at her hair? LOOK AT IT! For reference, because several of you might not recognize her otherwise, I have added to this post a picture of her with a slicked back low side pony see below). She's fond of the side pony. She is addicted to the side pony. The low side pony is safe. It is an all occasion hair do. It is fancier than the average pony tail, but still breezy enough for casual wear.
It drives me nuts. I have tried suggesting any other option from every angle I can think of. I've tried making a pintrest hair-do site sound super exciting as a "girls only" friday night activity. I've suggested we have movie night while I try out new do's. Then I start to get a little less positive about the whole situation telling her:
"Brityn, you are squeezing the life out of your hair. It is going to start breaking off where your pony holder is."
(I don't know if there's actual truth in that. It's something I remember being told as a child. But, I also believed all the vitamins in the bread were in the crust. A very convincing tall tale begun by my dear mother, which I believed well into adult hood.)
Then I pass "slightly irritatedville", and floor it to "angry town". I'm having visions of her in her prom dress...with a side pony. Then, in her wedding dress....with a side pony. That's it. I braid and loop and spray and curl and bobby pin until I'm exhausted and she's in tears.
Well, THIS morning, the morning of her graduation, she was willing and happy, and I thought we had turned a corner. Turns out we aren't quite there yet. BUT, she did try her own top knot for church this morning :) Baby steps.



0 comments:
Post a Comment