Saturday, March 8, 2008

Huey Lewis and the News are coming to Peachtree City!

I was totally obsessed with these guys when I was younger.  I remember sitting in front of the TV with a tape recorder ready to push record when their music video came on.  I was really into recording things and then playing them back for my own entertainment and at my own leisure: random Saturday mornings, conversations between my siblings, etc.  I think many of you are coming to realize why I like the book "A Girl Named Zippy" so much.  I understand her.  I WAS her in a lot of ways.  Anyway, I loved every single song they put out.  One year, the older sister of my best friend and all of her friends attended his concert!  I was so jealous, and bothered them until I had drained every last detail and morsel of information out of them that I could.  The band is also connected to the Back to the Future movies which are some of my favs.  Kevin is always giving me quotes from those movies and saying "Guess what that's on?"  It's never any other movie, so it's getting really easy to guess.  Huey Lewis and the News will be in concert in May, and you better believe I will be front and center!  I can't guarantee that I won't be a hysterical mess because this has been a long time coming.  If anybody wants to join me and my elated husband let me know!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray for you! Sounds like you are VERY excited!I can't remember who these guys are sadly. They sound familiar but you know me, not so much into music. Hope you have a blast. I'm sure you will!

The Schaefer's said...

I am SOOOO there!!! There are only three bands that I ever wanted to see when I was a teenager: Chicago, Huey Lewis and the News, and Bon Jovi. Well, I'm going to see Bon Jovi in April. So, I am so going to make Harry buy tickets for Huey and the News. AHHHH!!!

Amber Staub said...

Tiff,
That's going to be so much fun. Their CD was one of the very few CD's I owned. They're GREAT!! OK, that sounded a little like Tony the Tiger.
HAVE FUN.