Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shoot, I'm getting old

So this past week at the gym, I rather unexpectedly (but sort of expectedly, since I know he's in town filming a movie) spy a celebrity working out not far from where I'm running on the treadmill.  I literally have some close calls from straining to see this guy from my treadmill, and actually look around for the treadmill tether at one point.  Now this chap is 10 years younger than I, but I am a big fan. BIG. HUGE, (to quote Vivian from Pretty Woman).  I wonder, as I run, what I would say to him if I were to actually converse with this cutie pie. Since I am a "Plan Ahead" kind of gal, I run through a few one liners:

"Hey, I hear there's someone famous in town, that looks JUST like you."  That's a little too "you-must-be tired-from-running-around-in-my-dreams-all-night."  So, I think of something else:

"I'm not going to bother you for a pic or an autograph or anything.  I just want you to know I'm a big fan." Brother, THAT'S original. In telling him I'm not going to bother him, I'm in fact bothering him.   This is harder than I thought.  Okay, here we go:

"I know you probably get tired of eating fast food, and if you ever just want to kick back and have a homemade meal, the doors always open."  There.  Breezy.

As I arrive home and tell Kevin about my "sighting", he says to me:

"Isn't that a little Mary Kay Letourneau-ish?  I mean... isn't he WAAAAAAYYYYY younger than you?"

What the heck?  I hadn't even considered the age difference until he said it outloud. But as I start to think it over in my mind, I realize he's got a point.  I'm mortified to realize my best pick up line now consists of : "Would you care for a nice hot meal, young man?"

 Crap.  I'm old.

8 comments:

Stevie and Meesha said...

Thats funny Tiff!! You're not old until you look and feel old, youve got a ways to go.. :) Now can you pay to fly my family out first class to Atlanta??

Moke said...

I know I'm not "old" but it is weird now to think that all of the missionaries (even the newly returned ones) are younger than me.

Anonymous said...

this made me laugh! By the way... who was it?

Kinsey Pistorius said...

lol! but you HAVE to tell us who it is!!!

T said...

Shia Labeouf :)!!!

Kinsey Pistorius said...

awesome! I am picturing him at your house having dinner with y'all - it's a good thought! :)

Jenna said...

Wow, you really actually went and talked to him? Can't believe you didn't get a pic!

Behling Family said...

That is sooo funnny!!! I love Louis!!! :)