For after school snacks one afternoon I was cutting up cheese and apples:
Brityn: No thank you Mom, I am allergic to cheese.
Me: Honey you are not allergic to cheese.
Brityn: Wwwhhhyyy!!!! (in a very dissapointed whiny tone)
Me: It's not something you can decide to be. You either are or you aren't. You can't just decide to be allergic to cheese.
she mulls that over for a minute, and then with a very studious look on her face says;
Brityn: How 'bout pollen? I think I'd like to be allergic to pollen.

7 comments:
I posted a comment on you Park City Trip. Didn't know if you would notice if I didn't let you know here.
That is so funny! I know I say this everytime but I love the things that kids say. It makes you wonder sometimes what they are thinking about in their minds?
WHAT? That is way funny. Hmmm, no thanks I chose not to have alergies thank you! Wouldn't that be nice
My spirit is allergic to cats. I promise. (They touch you without permission.)
I say you let her have the pollen one--just for knowing the word "pollen."
That is funny she even knows what pollen is! Sydney went in for allergy testing today...but they didn't tell me she couldn't have her medicine for 5 days before, so we had to reschedule. She has such bad allergies this time of year...we are going to get them under control...NOW! Poor thing is miserable.Tell Brityn she is lucky she isn't allergic to pollen!!
Hey Tiff, I had to tell you I was reminising (spelling?????) last night about Jr High!!! We were boxing up some stuff and I found my Journal from the good ol Canyon View days so I had to comment about a couple more memories for your memory post! The one that I just laughed about was our Choir trip to St. George. We were such rebels... remember.... boys... 1 am... I think Willie slept under the sink did he not? Hilarious!!! There were also several entries about early morning cheerleading and us wearing our pjs to school pretty much every day! Wow - how time flies!!! Go Cougars!!!
What was I thinking! It was Barry!!! He is the one that they had sleep under the sink. But remind me... (Seriously cuz I have lost 1/2 my brain from babies)... were you and Barry kinda... mmmm... liking each other or am I crazy? Ya - we really couldn't fool anyone with the hand holding. How silly! I wasn't there when you and Jay slid the TV off but I wish I were!!! Wow.... just to think our kids will be there in the next few years... how sad!!! Thanks for going WAY back with me today!! It was lots of fun!
Post a Comment