Sunday, February 22, 2009

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

This past week we went to Utah, and got to go sledding!  Since we do not own snow clothes, we went shopping at the local D.I.  Corbin found this hot pink snowmobiling ensemble (circa 1980's) complete with a belt that had a large metal buckle/clasp, and white boots (3 sizes to big).  We (my sisters and I)  were laughing so hard (as discretely as we could), I was crying.  Especially after he tried it on and said without hesitation, "I feel really confident in this."  I'm glad he has such high self esteem.  When he asked Brityn if he looked fat in it, she said, "Actually, it's very slimming".


The crew left to right: Channing, Taija, Boston, Corbin, Brityn, Chloe, Dace.  


Dear Huntington: I miss you!


The first few times down it was all smiles.


It was snowing too which was a bonus!

Boston sported this hat for approximately 5 seconds, long enough for me to take this picture.  I think he felt humiliated.  Those tassels don't make anyone look tough and rugged, however warm the hat may be.


   We laughed. 
*this has to be one of the most unflattering pictures of me.  My second chin is just about swallowing the rest of my face.  It was such a cute one of my sisters, though, I had to post it.

They cried:




A few of them thought they were going to die (from frostbite).


  Corbin said he wanted to go sit in the car after losing his boot half way down and getting snow caked on his sock.  He had also gotten snow down his sleeves.  I walked back with him to start the car.  I started it up and realized I couldn't see him anywhere.  I got out to find him on the other side of the car whimpering.  He had taken both his boots and gloves off, and was laying there on his back with his legs and arms in the air.  The only thing I could make out through his tears was that he couldn't make it into the car because he was just too cold.  I had to pick him up and put him into the car.   Guess those D.I. clothes shouldn't have been judged on looks alone.


Boston and Dace


Brityn and Taija


Brityn and Chloe


We had a great time!  It was so nice to be able to smell the snow.  I love and miss that so much!

16 comments:

Jenise said...

Looks like lots of fun. Love the pink outfit. I just about started laughing out loud over that one. Don't tell Corbin I said that!

Stevie and Meesha said...

we wish that we could have been there to share in the experience:) Looks like you had a lot of fun dispite the rough times of being so darn cold.

Mandi said...

I still love the super hero look that Corbin is sporting. The picture of the canyon is absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that I was able to visit with you all before you headed back home. Hope you had a great trip!

Stacy said...

Wow Kev let him wear that... My kids miss the snow as for me I love the Beach and the sunshine. I love your post

Jenkinson Family said...

Too funny! I love the DI outfit. It's amazing her wore it. Laying on the floor can only remind me of the poor kid from Christmas Story were he couldn't get up.

Heather said...

Oh too funny! Glad you guys are able to go visit all together and get "cousin time." We have good memories of that, eh?

Kinsey Pistorius said...

that's hysterical! what a trip to remember for sure. The pink suit is too funny and even better Corbin's comment about his confidence - I love it! Glad y'all were able to see your family as I know you've missed them. We miss you guys since being confined to our house the last few weeks but soon enough, we'll make it out of the house again! :)

Kelli said...

Oh sakes, that snowsuit is too funny! And the comment from him and Brityn is even better. Was it this past weekend you were home? If so, we were there too! Wish we could meet up one of these times!

Shanakin Skywalker said...

Shut UP!!!!!! ahahhahahha!

Joe and Jake Est. 1990 said...

Wow, you know, real men do wear pink. It is a known fact! He doesn't look fat either! Thank goodness!! That is hilarious! I will have to remember the DI the next time I am out in Utah for snow fun! Why did I not think of that????

Amanda said...

That pink snowsuit is hilarious! That is some serious self-confidence...so cute!

Denisondays said...

Looks like you all had a great time.
What a fun family outing! We have a hard time even getting Jaxon out in the snow, he likes to look at it, but wants nothing to do with playing in the snow!! Loved the snow gear!
Shelyse

Amber Staub said...

That was a fun snow trip. I still laugh to myself every time I picture Corbin declaring his self confidence. That's going to be one to remember for a long time. I'm glad we were able to make it out there when you guys were all there.

Behling Family said...

The pictures are such a perfect description of how the trip went. That was such a great time. I loved the pink suit. That was so funny.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

As Nicholas always tells me REAL MEN aren't afraid to wear pink. He loves his pink slippers (he fought for at Christmas) and his pink tie that he wears every Sunday. Looks like a great trip and so much fun to be with family in the snow. Which is better SLC in the summer or winter?

Brittany said...

Oh that made me laugh out loud!! Such awesome memories!! Glad you could capture it!