I am currently in the process of decorating Brityn's room. We've decided on a cupcake/sweets theme. She has never really had a cute room. It's just been whatever we could round up. She had been using the drawers in a trundle for a dresser, but now that bed is Boston's and so I went shopping (yes, at an antique store) for a dresser and a desk. These are what I found.
This is an armoire/dresser. It is not missing a drawer, I took it out to fix it. So when I saw this I thought it was so cool. I bought it on the spot. However, when Kevin and I went to pick it up to bring it home, it all but fell to pieces as we were loading it into the trailer (this had Kevin working up a good mad). It has lots of character and I really love the look, but it's going to take some reconstruction (and by that I mean glue and screws). I have been working on one of the drawers all evening. Kevin finally could no longer take the scene of my trying my best to do something I new nothing about, and helped me. I ran for the hills as I did not want to be in the line of fire about how we just spent money on junk. It's not junk to me. At least it won't be when I get done with it (Okay, it still might be junk, just pretty junk).



8 comments:
antique store or yard sale? whats the difference anyway? I bet it will look really good when you get it all done!!!
Tiff, it is Danyale (LeRoy) Christensen. I read you comment on Jessica's blog and was so excited. I love finding old friends. Your family is darling and how fun to live in Alanta (or close too). I will definatly check back and please feel free to visit my blog christensenlads@blogspot.com.
I cant wait to see her finished room. You are so talented!
Looks like it is going to be cute cute!! Can't wait to see pictures of it finished! Did she pick out the bedding? It is darling. Hard to hand over those decisions to the kids!
I narrowed down the choices before asking her because I knew if I didn't she would be sleeping in a room plastered with Hannah Montana.
Hey Tiff - Thanks so much for commenting on my blog! I was so excited and probably spent a little too much time catching up on your family. I actually calle Jaylin and told her to go peak!!! I think I have finally convinced her she needs to starty one. The fact that you found us and commented helped that prodding so thanks so much! Wow your family is adorable!!! You still are as cute as can be. Seriously - you are supposed to age!!! Thanks again and it will be awesome checking in once in awhile!!!
Okay sorry for the misspelling. It is after midnight!! Sad thats about the only time I get to blog!!
I love it Tiff!!! I don't care what Kev says. I think it is awsome. I can't wait to come out there.....2 more days!!!!
Post a Comment